Mission, Vision & Values
The Landings Club Philosophy
The philosophy of The Landings Club can be summed up in its Mission, Values, Service Process, I am Member Ready Basics, and Mantra. These form the basis of all we do, our interactions with members, guests, and fellow employees. They are contained on what we call the "Compass," a wallet-sized four-fold that should be with employees at all times. It is a part of the uniform whether you wear a uniform or not. Every employee receives a Compass at orientation, and they are available in Human Resources.
We create a fulfilling lifestyle bound by relevant activities and enduring relationships, served by empowered, genuinely caring service professionals.
- Our members: the lifeblood of our Club and object of all of our efforts.
- Talented Professionals: we choose the best and are committed to their growth and development.
- Team Work: every job is everyone's job. We give of ourselves to help colleagues.
- Integrity: our words are integrated with our walk. We do what we say.
- Accountability: we honor commitments and are responsible to make things happen.
- Initiative: service professionals anticipate … they do things before they are asked.
- Safety: everyone proactively protects members, staff and our assets from harm or misuse.
- Continuous Improvement: good is the enemy of best, best is the enemy of better.
Every interaction will follow this form:
- Greet everyone with kindness, a smile and sincerity. Use the member's proper name.*
- Give everyone your best service … quickly comply with expressed wants and wishes and anticipate any additional needs. Use the member's name.
- Thank everyone for the opportunity to serve and welcome them back. Use the member's name.
* Unless strongly directed otherwise
I am Member Ready Basics
Everyday manifestations of service:
- I am an ambassador of The Landings Club. I speak positively in and outside of my work environment.
- I am always professional in my grooming, conduct and verbiage. I avoid words like “yup” and “you guys.” I use the members’ last name in every interaction.
- I protect the privacy and confidentiality of member, staff and Club information.
- I own and immediately solve problems or complaints.I L.E.A.R.N.* from opportunities.
- I am empowered and look for ways to personalize service. I smile and serve from the heart. Memorable or “WOW” service will be defined by our members.
- I work clean, respect member spaces and never walk past trash. I fix, clean or report broken or unsafe situations and behaviors.
- I am reliable and timely in my responses. I practice the “24 hour rule.” I deliver impeccable service.
- I am knowledgeable of The Landings Club’s offerings and I will continuously improve my service knowledge.
- I am The Landings Club. Our collective efforts determine our destiny.
* Listen, Empathize, Apologize, Respond, Notify